This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Knocked Up: Republican Presidential Candidates’ Plan For American Women by Adele M. Stan of Alternet.org says that birth control is under attack by all of the GOP’s presidential candidates.
2. Singled Out: Are Unmarried People Discriminated Against? by Maura Kelly of The Daily Beast says that from health insurance to housing, singletons get the short end of the stick.
3. Marriage is For Rich People by Catherine Rampell of the Economix blog on The New York Times looks at dwindling marriage rates, which are concentrated among the poor.
4. Madonna Acts Just Like a Serious Male Artist Would—And People Hate Her For It by Naomi Wolf of The Guardian says that with the release of her new film, Madonna is as unapologetic as ever, and it’s doing wonders for the collective female psyche.
5. The Death (and Life) of Marriage in America by Derek Thompson of The Atlantic says the story we think we know is that the institution of marriage is crumbling and on the brink of oblivion, but the real story is much more complicated.