This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The M.R.S. and the Ph.D. by Stephanie Coontz of The New York Times says for women seeking a satisfying relationship and a secure financial future, there has never been a better time to be highly educated.
2. Virginia’s Proposed Ultrasound Law Is An Abomination on Slate.com by Dahlia Lithwick says that under new legislation, women who want an abortion will be forcibly penetrated for no medical reason, so where’s the outrage?
3. Is Your Local Restaurant Relying on Exploited Women’s Labor? by Michelle Chen of Alternet.org looks at a new study that says when Americans eat out, they feed into an industry fueled by exploitation and rampant discrimination against women.
4. Would You Sign A Love Contract…With Your Employer? by Jenna Goudreau of Forbes looks at the increase in inter-office relationships and the trend of concerned employers asking coupled employees to sign “love contracts.”
5. The Dubious Science of Online Dating by Eli J. Finkel and Benjamin R. Karney of The New York Times poses that, despite certain online dating sites’ claims, a mathematical formula cannot identify pairs of singles likely to have a successful relationship.