This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The President’s Gift by Emily Bazelon of Slate.com dissects what Obama’s personal support for gay marriage means for the law.
2. Attachment Parenting: Freakish or Feminist? by Tracie Egan Morrissey of Jezebel.com looks at the latest issue of Time magazine, the cover of which features a woman breastfeeding her nearly 4-year-old son under the words: “Are you mom enough?”
3. For The Family? by Sarah Damaske, Ph.D. for Psychology Today discusses how class and gender shape women’s work.
4. On the Rack: A Cultural History of Breasts by Tracy Clark-Flory of Salon.com asks: Did breasts evolve for lactation or to enhance sex appeal? A new book explores why they matter.
5. Hillary Clinton’s Makeup-Free Photo: Putting On a Brave Face by Robin Givhan of The Daily Beast explores what that image says about her power today.