This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. A Woman’s Right To Choose (Not To Breastfeed) by Gayle Tzemach Lemmon of The Atlantic says New York City’s new pro-breast milk policy stigmatizes infant formula and limits access to it, effectively revoking women’s freedom to feed their babies as they choose.
2. Happy Chick-fil-A Day! by Mary Elizabeth Williams of Salon.com says: It’s here, America, our own culture war holiday.
3. Another Reason Why Women May Be Paid Less Than Men by Tara Siegel Bernard of The New York Times says when managers can blame a company’s financial woes for pay decisions, a new study has found that they are likely to give women smaller raises than their male counterparts. Women may be seen as being more readily accepting of such excuses.
4. How Job Insecurity Is Messing Up Your Love Life by Lynn Parramore of Alternet.org reports on how unemployment fears are now following us into the bedroom.
5. When the Wife Has a Fatter Paycheck by Susan Gregory Thomas of the Wall Street Journal says that female breadwinners can make for frustrated husbands—unless the man holds his own with income.