This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. When Men Stop Seeking Beauty And Women Care Less About Wealth by Maia Szalavitz of Time magazine says as gender equality rises in any given society, men focus less on seeking mates with youth and beauty, and women become less interested in rich, powerful men.
2. Why Men Fail by David Brooks of The New York Times says the financial rewards to education have increased over the past few decades, but men failed to get the memo.
3. Battle Hymn Of The Slacker Father by Carol Travis of the Wall Street Journal says: In the battle of the sexes, the losers have been middle-class families.
4. The Convention Speech We’ll Never Hear by Katherine Lanpher of Slate.com says republicans and democrats are trying to appeal to women, so where are all the single, childless female speakers?
5. Can You Change Her Choice? by Irin Carmon of Salon.com says a remarkable fact about strict new abortion laws, like forced ultrasounds, is how rarely they change women’s minds.