This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. It’s Time For An End To ‘Women’s Stories’ by Anna North of Salon.com says the never-ending parade of features about college hookup culture and other ‘women’s topics’ is hurting everyone.
2. The New York Times Quotes 3.4 Men For Every Woman by Amanda Hess of Slate.com says in the Times last weekend, female voices dominated the conversation about how elite college students drink alcohol and have sex with one another. Men dominate the Times coverage of all other topics.
3. Goodbye To My American Dream by Tiffanie Drayton of Salon.com says: My mom moved us here for a better life. But as a black woman, I’m tired of loving a country that can’t love me back.
4. How Some Women Benefit From Marrying A Man Who Makes Less Money by Allison Schrager of The Atlantic says a study of University of Chicago MBAs shows that women who marry lower-earning men experience less of an income drop after having children.
5. America’s One-Child Policy by Brandy Zadrozny of The Daily Beast says while the ‘one and done’ brigade extols the virtues of only children, millions of working-class families don’t have a choice—they simply can’t afford another kid.
- There Are Three People In My Marriage: Me, My Husband, And My Post-Partum Depression
- Why We Should Stop Fighting Over The Definition Of Feminism
- I’m A Woman, And I Like Porn