This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Man Creates Very First Website For Women Ever by Amanda Hess of Slate.com reports on Bryan Goldberg’s new website for women, which ridiculously claims to be the first of its kind.
2. No One, Male Or Female, Can Ever Really ‘Opt Out’ by Matt Gross and Theordore Ross of The Atlantic, who say that work is inescapable for everyone.
3. Even Little Kids Have A Wage Gap by Soraya Chemaly of Salon.com says girls do more housework than boys—and they make less in allowance for what they do.
4. Why Are America’s Postpartum Practices So Rough On New Mothers? by Hillary Brenhouse of The Daily Beast says America is hyper-focused on mothers bouncing immediately back after childbirth, yet most other cultures allow for an extended period of pampering and rest.
5. California: Rights Guaranteed For Transgender Students by Ian Lovett of The New York Times says Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation that guarantees transgender students access to interscholastic sports, gym classes, locker rooms and bathrooms based on their gender identity.
- Why I Threw Away All Of My Lingerie
- There Is No One Way To Be A Boy
- Balancing My Faith And Sexuality