This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Sexual Double Standards, Slut-Shaming And #Slanegirl by Katie McDonough of Salon.com says an explicit photo of a teen girl goes viral. The boy is saluted as a hero, while the girl gets trashed online.
2. The Tyranny Of Buffness by Brandon Ambrosino of The Atlantic says: My boyfriend expected me to be lean and muscular. But I couldn’t live up to that standard, and neither can a lot of guys—and we shouldn’t have to.
3. Study: Men Are Still Paying For Dates, And Women Are Still Cool With That by Randye Hoder of Slate.com says that modern ideals suggest that gender shouldn’t play a role in who pays for dates. But traditional notions of chivalry die hard.
4. No Dad? No Problem. Meet The Moms Who Opt In-Forever—And Aren’t Complaining by Paula Szuchman of The Daily Beast says: The work. They raise their kids. And they do it all solo. For the growing ranks of older single moms, opting out doesn’t compute.
5. Bradley Manning: I Want To Live As A Woman by Scott Stump of Today.com says Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.
- What I Wish I’d Known Before I Gave Birth
- Beauty Is Not An Attitude
- Is Sex Always Better With Feelings?