This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. 6 Reasons Female Nudity Can Be Powerful by Soraya Chemaly of Salon says: A reporter’s question about Lena Dunham’s nudity pointed to a bigger issue: Naked women can threaten the status quo.
2. 2014: The Year The Pro-Choice Crowd Fights Back by Ilyse Hogue of Politico says: In 2013, we saw a movement starting to embody the old adage that the best defense is a good offense.
3. Female Tennis Player Reaches Australian Open Semis, Is Asked What Man She Wants To Date by Travis Waldron of ThinkProgress.org discusses the ridiculous question a reporter asked 19-year-old tennis star, Eugenie Bouchard.
4. Feminism Didn’t Lie To You About Your Fertility by Mary Elizabeth Williams of Salon says the coverage around a new book on “The Big Lie” once again blames women.
5. Brain-Dead Marlise Munoz’s Fetus Is ‘Distinctly Abnormal.’ Please, Texas, Let This Nightmare End by Emily Bazelon of Slate reports on the ongoing case of the Texas mother whose body is being kept alive to support her unborn fetus.
- I Am A Godmother, But Do I Even Believe In God?
- Yes, I’m Getting Married. Now Leave Me Alone
- Hot Guys Don’t Date Big Girls Like Me