This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The Risky Business of Paternity Leave by Scot Coltrane of The Atlantic says when men take time off to care for family members, their long-term earnings suffer—just as women’s do. Here’s why it’s worth it.
2. What’s Next For Gay Rights In 2014? by Sally Kohn of The Daily Beast says the year 2013 was a banner one for gay marriage—but some LGBT activists are asking whether the movement is headed down the path to true equality and liberation.
3. My Top Ten Favorite Feminist Articles Of 2013 by Jessica Valenti of The Nation says: In the spirit of end-of-year lists, a small offering: my favorite feminist writing of 2013, complete with quotes.
4. The Real Sex Ed: 11 Sex Tips Experts Wish They’d Known Sooner by Katie McDonough of Salon says forget Justin Lookadoo. Here is the advice about sex and dating that young people really need to hear.
5. Alyssa Milano Expertly Shoots Down Comedian’s Stupid Fat Shaming Comments by Hayley Hoover of The Gloss reports on Jay Mohr’s ridiculous comments about the actress’s post-baby body and her perfect reply.
- The 10 Most Sexist Female Characters On TV
- I’m Not Gay, Straight, Or Bisexual: Why I Threw Out The Sexual Preference Label
- How Trying To Be The Perfect Wife Hurt My Relationship