This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. As Virginia Ultrasound Rule Fails, Is GOP Seeing Reproductive Rights Backlash? by Michelle Goldberg of The Daily Beast says Gov. Bob McDonnell balked at an ultrasound law, and a personhood bill fell with it. Are Republicans finally noticing that their crusade against reproductive rights is hurting them?
2. Is Homophobia Disappearing? by Tracy Clark-Flory of Salon.com says that, according to sociologist Mark McCormack, it is—in the U.K., at least—and it’s revolutionizing male friendships.
3. Just You And Me, Kid by Jessica Olien of Slate.com states that single motherhood is a viable choice for women who don’t want the complications a partner can bring.
4. Why Men Are Settling For Mrs. Good Enough? by Jessica Bennett of The Daily Beast says that a new survey shows that men are surprisingly likely to say they’d commit to a person they’re not in love with. She asks: When did guys become so desperate to settle down?
5. Even In Academia, Dads Don’t Do Diapers by Cristina Lindblad of BusinessWeek says that a study finds few male university professors go on paternity leave, and many of those who use it abuse it.