This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Gloria Steinem, A Woman Like No Other by Sarah Hepola of The New York Times says that for more than 40 years, Gloria Steinem has been the near-singular voice of the women’s movement. Why, in all that time, has no one emerged as her successor?
2. 5 Reasons the GOP’s Attack on Birth Control Screws Men by Joshua Holland of Alternet.org asks: How can straight men not see their own interests in this fight?
3. Mockery: Women’s New Weapon by Tracy Clark-Flory of Salon.com says from a sex strike to satirical anti-Viagra bills, the war on reproductive rights has some responding with laughs.
4. Open Adoption: New Report Details Increase by David Crary of The Huffington Post says that based on a new survey, the new norm is for birthparents considering adoption to meet with prospective adoptive parents and pick the new family for their baby.
5. Do Women Like Child Care More Than Men? by Tara Parker-Pope of The New York Times Well blog discusses the findings of a new study that says women reported higher levels of pleasure than men when performing child care tasks, such as changing diapers and taking a child to the doctor.