This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The End Of Violent, Simplistic, Macho Masculinity by Thomas Page McBee of The Atlantic discusses how some men are trying to reform male culture by emphasizing compassion over aggression.
2. The War On Men by Suzanne Venker of FoxNews.com says the women’s movement is the enemy of modern men (and we wholeheartedly disagree).
3. Surprise! Single Moms Aren’t To Blame For Violent Crime by Amanda Marcotte of Slate.com says violent crime has declined while single-mother families have continued to increase.
4. Top Five Lies You Tell Yourself About Divorce by Terry K. Carr of The Huffington Post says lying to yourself is a coping mechanism that can be an effective survival tool akin to a seat belt that keeps you from flying out to Crazy Land while you’re on the emotional rollercoaster ride of divorce.
5. He Carries On, She Likes To Check by Scott McCartney of the Wall Street Journal says the sexes can fly in different directions when it comes to airplane and hotel habits and preferences, adding stress to an already taxing experience for couples and families.