This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. A Million First Dates by Dan Slater of The Atlantic Magazine discusses how online romance is threatening monogamy.
2. My Sexual Resolutions by Tracy Clark-Flory of Salon.com compiles five sex-related promises the author’s making to herself for the new year—and you should, too.
3. Does Makeup Hurt Self-Esteem? in The New York Times’ Room for Debate asks: If makeup has indeed become the status quo in the public realm, does it ultimately damage a woman’s self-esteem, or elevate it?
4. Violence Against Women Act Debacle: Why Congress Should Be More Diverse by Tara Culp-Pressler of The Atlantic says the 112th Congress’s failure to renew the legislation shows why the Senate and House should better reflect the people of the United States.
5. Has Facebook Ruined Love? in The New York Times’ Room for Debate asks: Are tweets, status updates and tagged photographs encouraging romance or ruining it?