This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Being A Single Parent Is Many Things. But It Is Not A Failure by Allison Benedikt comprises Slate.com readers’ thoughts on the upsides of single parenthood.
2. One Possible, Troubling Outcome Of Online Dating: More Social Inequality by Philip Cohen of The Atlantic says white men are the most sought-after group on OkCupid, while black women are the least.
3. My Year Without Makeup by Phoebe Baker Hyde of Salon.com says: “Tired of being a slave to my appearance, I gave up all the trappings of beauty—and ended up discovering myself.”
4. VOCO’s Sexist Ad Demonstrates That The Tech Industry Badly Needs Women by Jennifer Siebel Newsom and Jean Kilbourne of The Daily Beast says: Last week, a flagrantly sexist ad by a tech company points up anew the industry-wide disregard for women in this mostly—and lamentably—male domain.
5. Rape In The Age Of Social Media by Irin Carmon of Salon.com says that from Steubenville to India, videos and tweets are being turned against perpetrators of sexual violence.
- 5 Myths About Gender Neutral Parenting
- Will You Be My Straight Male Friend?
- Why I Decided To Have A Baby