This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The Wedding Industry’s Pricey Little Secret by Will Oremus of Slate.com says that widely used “average wedding cost” figure is grossly misleading, and offers a much more accurate number.
2. What Happens To Women Who Are Denied Abortions? by Joshua Lang of The New York Times reports on an ongoing study that explores abortion’s impact by studying the women who get to the clinic too late.
3. The End Of The Battle Of The Sexes by Amanda Steinberg of The Atlantic says the rise of women does not have to lead to the fall of men.
4. This Is How You Talk About Military Sex Abuse by Mary Elizabeth Williams of Salon.com reports on a blistering message from a general that gets everything right.
5. The Dalai Lama Says Female Leaders Are More Compassionate…Hmm by Shoba Narayan of The Atlantic says we should be advocating for more compassionate leaders, whatever their gender.
- A Father’s Identity: I Don’t Know Who I Am Without My Kids
- Why I’m Thankful For My Dad
- I’m Not Easy, I’m ‘Selectively Convenient’