This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The Gay Marriage Fight Could Change How People Thing About All Marriages by Liza Mundy of The Atlantic says explores the psychic impact of the movement in Maine, where voters recently legalized gay marriage.
2. What The Hell Happened In Texas Last Night? by Amanda Marcotte of Slate.com reports on Senator Wendy Davis’s incredible 10-hour filibuster to block the passage of a bill that would shut down all but five abortion clinics in Texas.
3. The Smearing Of Rachel Jeantel by Mary Elizabeth Williams of Salon.com asks: Why Is the star witness in the George Zimmerman case being treated like a defendant?
4. There Is No War On Men by Sen. Claire McCaskill of The Daily Beast says Wall Street Journal columnist James Taranto said Claire McCaskill was launching a “war on men” and being “histrionic” about sexual assault in the military. She responds to him here.
5. The Disestablishment Of Marriage by Stephanie Coontz of The New York Times says the institution of marriage now faces competition from other ways of living.
- How To Break Up With A Feminist In Five Easy Steps
- What Adults Can Learn From Children: Feel Your Feelings
- A Letter To Rachel Jeantel, The Prosecution’s Key Witness In The George Zimmerman Trial