This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. What The Rising Number Of Single Dads Says About Fatherhood In General by Noah Berlatsky of The Atlantic says nearly a quarter of single parents in the United States are men—a sign of how fathers are taking a more active role with their kids.
2. California Passes Transgender Bill Of Rights from the Associated Press says California lawmakers approved a bill Wednesday that would require public K-12 schools to let transgender students choose which restrooms they use and which school teams they join based on their gender identity instead of their chromosomes.
3. Nope To Elope? by Kelsey Meany of The Daily Beast says: You don’t want to gown, the crazy aunts, or the baby’s breath, but feel exceedingly pressured to jump on the bandwagon. Is it selfish to elope?
4. My Year Of Modesty by Lauren Shields of Salon.com says: I swore off makeup and covered my hair, arms and legs for nine months. It was frightening—and liberating.
5. I Got Raped, Then My Problems Started by Gina Tron of Vice details how the criminal justice system left her behind when she was targeted by a Brooklyn serial rapist in 2010.