This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. America Tells Boys Not To Be ‘Girly’ by Soraya Chemaly of Salon.com says mocking boys for doing ‘feminine’ things leaves them ill-equipped for life, and makes America a worse place for all.
2. Gender As Non-Fiction by Noah Berlatsky of The Atlantic is a Q&A with Julia Serano, author of Excluded: Making Feminist And Queer Movements More Inclusive.
3. Woman Trades 300 Sandwiches For A Diamond Ring by Amanda Hess of Slate.com reports on a blog that details the story of a New York Post reporter who fell in love with a man who demanded she make him a sandwich every day in order to get him to propose.
4. What Does Manhood Mean In 2013? by Ann Friedman of New York magazine’s The Cut says ultimately, confusion about modern masculinity is a good thing: It means we’re working past the outmoded definition.
5. The Real Mommy Wars by Mikki Kendall of Salon.com says forget work versus home, bottle versus breast. The real war is against moms who don’t have choices.