This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Standing Up For The Rights Of New Fathers by Tara Siegel Bernard of The New York Times says more workers are filing legal actions against their employers to gain paid parental leave for the birth of a child.
2. I’m A 26-Year-Old Virgin by James Layne of Salon says: And not for religious beliefs or lack of opportunity. I decided to wait for a simple reason—because it feels right.
3. Why Women Don’t Like Lady Bosses by Lizzie Crocker of The Daily Beast says a new Gallup poll finds that more women would prefer to work for a man than for another female.
4. What Joss Whedon Gets Wrong About The Word ‘Feminist’ by Noah Berlatsky of The Atlantic says: To claim that equality is the natural order is to forget the entire history of feminism.
5. Female Executives Are Now Making Deals At The Nail Salon by Katy Waldman of Slate says: Stylish female execs are now hashing out contracts and dreaming up marketing schemes in 30- to 50-minute group foot-care sessions. It is an elegant solution to several problems at once: Golf is boring/stodgy/takes forever, food has calories, cuticles get ragged.