This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. 4 Reasons America Is Afraid Of Women With Friends by Soraya Chemaly of Salon says Wendy Davis is just the beginning—women who band together with other women threaten the status quo.
2. Obama Warms Up To Women by Ragnar Jonsson of The Daily Beast says: In his State of the Union speech, the president focused on female-friendly issues.
3. Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars by Michelle Goldberg of The Nation says: Empowered by social media, feminists are calling one another out for ideological offenses. Is it good for the movement? And whose movement is it?
4. Republicans Roll Out New ‘Woman’ Strategy During The State Of The Union: Flatter Working Moms by Amanda Marcotte of Slate says after Tuesday, it became clear that the Republican strategy is now to send positive messages of support for working women while doubling down on the attacks on reproductive rights.
5. The Great First-Date Prenup Experiment by Maureen O’Connor of The Cut says “It should be a rule that at the beginning of every dating interaction, you must declare whether you prefer a clear or faded breakup.”
- What Don’t You Understand About ‘We’re Not Getting Married’?
- What A Feminist Learned From Loving An Alpha Male
- Stop Asking Me Questions About My Pregnant Body