This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. The Tyranny Of The ‘Bad Mother’: Slacker Moms Are Just As Intimidating As Perfect Ones by Elissa Strauss of Salon says moms who brag about being lazy and sloppy can be just as judgy as too perfect ones.
2. Up For Polyamory? Creating Alternatives To Marriage by Roc Morin of The Atlantic discusses how one lawyer helps those, like her, in non-traditional relationships.
3. 9 Depressing Facts From The Latest Women In Media Report by Charlotte Alter of Time magazine says: Jennifer Lawrence makes $11 million less than Adam Sandler.
4. Celebrities Have The Right To Remain Silent About Their Pregnancies by Jessica Grose of Slate says Melissa Harris-Perry bravely talked about her surrogate pregnancy, but that doesn’t mean every celebrity mom should have to.
5. Why Black Models Are Rarely In Fashion by Hadley Freeman of The Guardian says: The women we see on the cover of magazines and striding down catwalks are still overwhelmingly white, but the fashion industry needs to wake up to the diversity of its customers.
- Are Gay Couples Happier Than Straight Ones?
- Why I Had To Lose My Religion Before I Could Support Gender Equality
- Why Simply Acknowledging Your Privilege Isn’t Enough