This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Marriage: Saying ‘I Don’t’ by Stephanie Coontz of the Los Angeles Times asks: Now that only 51% of U.S. households are married couples, is marriage going the way of the electric typewriter and the VHS tape?
2. Gay Parents Better Than Straight Parents? What Research Says by Stephanie Pappas of The Huffington Post breaks down new research that suggests gay parents may bring talents to the table that straight parents don’t.
3. Slut-Shaming 2.0, by Tracy Clark-Flory of Salon.com, asks: Since TheDirty.com publicly names and sexually shames women, is this the future of sex scandals?
4. Homemaker Dad, Breadwinner Mom on The New York Times by economist Nancy Folbre takes a look at the current tax code and how some families benefit more than others when one spouse stays home.
5. Does Marriage Really Make People Happier? ScienceDaily.com examines a new study that found few well-being advantages to marriage over cohabitation.