This week’s roundup of our favorites from across the interwebs to help you make sense of men and women.
1. Uber’s Biggest Problem Isn’t Surge Pricing. What If It’s Sexual Harassment By Drivers? by Olivia Nuzzi of The Daily Beast says private car services are popular among women who want to stay safe, but reports allege sexual harassment by drivers. Is it time to rethink services like Uber?
2. How Gender Affects The Behavior Of Teen Drivers by Olga Khazan of The Atlantic says “riding in cars with boys,” if you’re a teen girl, is probably an unwise idea.
3. Did Wealth Keep A Child Molester Out Of Jail? by Mary Elizabeth Williams of Salon says a judge said Robert H. Richards IV would not “fare well” after abusing his daughter.
4. Women Today Earn Less Than Their Dads Did, And If Their Moms Stayed Home, They Marry Rich by Katy Waldman of Slate says, according to a new Pew study, women continue to earn less than their fathers did.
5. ‘I Was Looked At Like A Disease’: HIV’s Enduring Stigma by Nico Lang of Salon says treatments have advanced—but that doesn’t mean discrimination against people with HIV is over.